Data for tender specifications, Panariagroup PROTECT porcelain:
Porcelain tiles and slabs with a high “antibacterial” activity, capable of reducing up to 99.9% of Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Staphylococcus Aureus bacteria (ISO 22196 or ASTM E3031-15 standards) thanks to the action of Microban® silver-based, integrated technology registered under the European
Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) No 528/2012.
Porcelain tiles and slabs with antibacterial properties:
– active day and night, 24/7
– active both in light and dark conditions, with no need to use UV lamps
– active on the surface of the material
– permanent, integrated into the surface during industrial fi ring at a temperature of 1200 °C (It is not a surface treatment applied after fi ring),
– active over time, resistant to wear, lasting for the lifetime of the tiles, it is permanent and does not to be retreated over the lifecycle of the product.
Available “antibacterial” porcelain tiles and slabs:
– available on all colours of the collection, even the darkest (Microban® technology integrated in PROTECT products does not “whiten” dark colours)
– on natural and honed (lappata) finishes
“Antibacterial” porcelain stoneware tiles and slabs, ideal for any environment, especially those that call for a high standard of hygiene and cleanability, such as:
– hotels, restaurants, canteens,
– hospitals, operating theatres,
– wellness centres, spas, swimming pools, gyms, showers,
– retirement homes, schools, nursery schools,
– agricultural and food industries, slaughterhouses,
– public areas and offices,
– public and private kitchens and bathrooms.
PROTECT tiles with Microban® technology manufactured by Panariagroup entitle you to be awarded 1 point for the ID 1 Innovation in Design Credit (ref. NC, CI, CS and SCHOOLS LEED Rating Systems).
There are antimicrobial grout products available to both the consumer and trade market, to ensure protection on the entire surface.
Information for installation and cleaning
PROTECT products are installed in the same manner as other tiles, following the procedures in force in various countries and described in the installation rules and Technical Manuals of Panariagroup laminated porcelain.
For information about cleaning and care of Panariagroup PROTECT porcelain and laminated porcelain, refer to the instructions given in the general catalogues and instruction manuals.
Since the antibacterial action of Microban® active principles is exerted on the surface of the tile, it is important to prevent films of any kind from forming on the surface since these may prevent contact between bacteria and the ceramic tile. During cleaning and care activities, do not use detergents containing wax or that create films on the surface, rinse thoroughly and do not apply resin, wax, protective substances, etc.